Final Events - Instructions
1. Six important Bible subjects may be grouped under the category of "final events."
2. These subjects include 3 actual events as well as 3 places.
3. The 3 events we have covered are:
a. "the return of Christ"
b. "the resurrection"
c. "the judgment."
4. The 3 places we have covered are:
5. In this concluding lesson of this series we are concentrating on instructions that are designed to
help us be prepared for these great events when they occur.
6. By being prepared we will:
a. go to Paradise in Hades when we die and heaven at the judgment
b. avoid torments in Hades when we die and hell at the judgment.
I. INSTRUCTIONS RELATING TO THE RETURN OF CHRIST
A. We are to watch and we are to be ready for it (Matthew 24:42, 44; 25:13).
B. To be ready, we must:
1. obey the Gospel (2 Thessalonians 1:7-9)
2. live right (Titus 2:11-13; 2 Peter 3:10-14).
C. Some specific instructions for Christians are given in 1 Thessalonians 5:15-23.
II. INSTRUCTIONS RELATING TO THE RESURRECTION
A. We are to abound in the Lord's work (1 Corinthians 15:58).
B. We are to forget those things that are behind and reach forth unto those things that are before us
III. INSTRUCTIONS RELATING TO THE JUDGMENT
A. We are to use our talents (Matthew 25:14-30).
B. We are to assist the needy (Matthew 25:31-46).
C. We are to be faithful (Revelation 2:10).
D. We are to persuade others (2 Corinthians 5:10-11).
1. This includes teaching those who are outside of Christ (Mark 16:15-16).
2. This also includes restoring the erring (Galatians 6:1; James 5:19-20).