1. In Ephesians 5 God's people are given some very important instructions.
2. In this lesson we are especially interested in the admonition to "walk circumspectly"
a. "Walk" refers to our conduct, the manner in which we live.
b. Walking "circumspectly" involves giving careful attention to our conduct, living correctly and
3. To "walk circumspectly," we must:
a. live wisely, not foolishly (Ephesians 5:15b)
b. "redeem the time" [to make the best use of time, to wisely use every opportunity for good]
(Ephesians 5:16; Galatians 6:10)
c. "understand the Lord's will" (Ephesians 5:17; Matthew 13:23).
4. As we look forward to the beginning of 2015, let us consider 3 areas addressed in Ephesians 5
in which we are to "walk circumspectly."
I. IN 2015, LET US "WALK CIRCUMSPECTLY" IN FOLLOWING GOD
A. In following God we must imitate the example of Christ (vs.1-2).
B. In following God we must avoid sinful activities (vs.3-5; 1 Corinthians 6:9-10; Galatians 5:19-21).
C. In following God we must avoid evil influence (vs.6-14; 1 Corinthians 15:33).
II. IN 2015, LET US "WALK CIRCUMSPECTLY" IN OUR SPIRITUAL DEVELOPMENT
A. According to these verses, spiritual development involves:
1. being "filled with the Spirit" (vs.18)
2. offering praise (vs.19)
3. giving thanks (vs.20)
4. concern for others (vs.21).
B. Spiritual development is also addressed in 1 Peter 2:1-3.
III. IN 2015, LET US "WALK CIRCUMSPECTLY" AS HUSBANDS AND WIVES
A. The responsibilities of wives are discussed in Ephesians 5:22-24; Colossians 3:18.
B. The responsibilities of husbands are discussed in Ephesians 5:25-33; Colossians 3:19.